Best Pine Nut Cookies recipe. Enjoy yummy, nutty cookies the healthy way!
Light Pine Nut Cookies
Write a review
- 1/3 cup almond paste
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, divided
- 4.5 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Grate almond paste on large holes of a box grater. Combine paste and next 4 ingredients (through egg white) in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy (about 5 minutes).
- Place 1/4 cup pine nuts in a mini food processor; pulse until finely ground. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine ground nuts, flour, and baking powder, stirring with a whisk. Add flour mixture to butter mixture; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Stack two baking sheets one on top of the other, and line the top sheet with parchment paper. Shape dough into 48 equal-sized balls (about 1 tablespoon each). Press 3 to 5 of the remaining pine nuts in a sunburst shape on top of each ball. Place 12 balls 2 inches apart on the top baking sheet (keep sheets stacked). Bake 14 minutes or until edges of cookies are lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes on pan. Cool completely on a wire rack. Repeat procedure 4 times.
- Cooking Light, December 2010
MyHealth MyDiet http://myhealthmydiet.com/