This is a delicious spicy lunch that will satisfy your flavor needs!
Buffalo Chicken Salad
Healthy spicy lunch alternative
Write a review
- 1 pound shredded chicken (either from a whole grocery-store roasted chicken or prepared from boneless chicken breasts)
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 3 stalks thinly sliced celery
- 2 Tablespoons cup cider or rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce (like Frank’s Red Hot), or less depending on your taste
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 ounce blue cheese, optional
- Whole grain bread, sliced
- If preparing chicken from scratch, either poach chicken in boiling water 10-15 minutes or lightly sauté in 1 tsp olive oil. Once cool, shred chicken using forks
- Combine chicken, carrots, celery, vinegar, hot sauce, olive oil, mayonnaise and salt in a medium bowl. Toss to coat.
- Assemble sandwiches with slice of romaine (or spinach, arugula, or other green), chicken mixture, and crumbled blue cheese
- Skip the bread to cut the carbs
- For a lower carb version, skip the bread entirely and use a few more pieces of Romaine.
MyHealth MyDiet http://myhealthmydiet.com/